Our Ministry: Jump Start Ministries is an evangelistic focused ministry that partners with the church to take the gospel to their community. We help create and host events with the gospel in mind! We desire to give your outreach efforts a jump start through implementing one of our turn key programs or customizing what we do to fit your unique goals. We work with churches of all sizes and can come with a team as small as one or a team of dozens to pull off your event. We have programs for Christian Schools and other non-profit organizations as well. Check out a sampling of our events under the events tab.
Our Family: Jump Start ministries is led by myself, Ryan Flanders with participation from my wife, Karen and children, Rj, Summer and Drew. Those that serve on our ministry board help provide oversight, accountability and encouragement. My experience in serving as a lead pastor for 14 years and as a student pastor prior to that, helps us to understand the church’s desire to reach the community and the challenges that accompany it. Our time in Christian education, both as a students and as teachers allows us to connect with both students and staff. We would love to serve you through one of our programs, speaking, planning an event or helping with an area of training.
Our Equipment: To check out some of the equipment that we have access to for our ministry visit www.JumpAroundVA.com. We can coordinate for you dozens of different attractions that can be used for family, community, church and school events. All of the equipment can be available for your church or community event within a certain mile radius of our location. Contact us for details about mileage pricing. If your church is outside of that Radius we have a network of Party Rental companies that we work with to get the very best equipment at the best pricing to host your event. In our kid and family sessions we use a variety of methods to connect the message with our audience: Teaching, gospel Illusions, puppets, balloon twisting, music, science experiments, skits, preaching and more!
Our Philosophy: We are very sensitive to your church customs, culture, traditions and convictions. We understand that every church is unique! We have experience in working with churches of different backgrounds and will thoroughly communicate to ensure that our methodology supports your ministry. We will discuss with you about your preferences on a number of topics that relate to our ministry events.
Our Beliefs: Below is our basic doctrinal statement. We can speak to students, adults, congregations, children, men and teens. We strive to teach the gospel in all that we do but also have focused teaching on some additional topics: Any of the statements of doctrine below, as well as Outreach, Evangelism, Friendship, Peer Pressure, Prayer, Missions, Racial Reconciliation, Serving and more.
Statement of Doctrine.
- The Holy Scriptures: We, therefore, believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testament, 66 books in all, to be the verbally inspired Word of God, the final authority for faith and life, without error in the original writings, infallible and God breathed. (II Timothy 3:16,17; II Peter 1:20, 21; Matthew 5:18; John 16:12,13)
- The Godhead: We believe in one God, the Lord Jehovah, existing in three persons- the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit; eternal in being, identical in nature, equal in power and glory and having the same attributes and perfections. (Genesis 1:26; Isaiah 6:8; Matthew 3:17; 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14; John 14:6; Hebrews 1:8; Acts 5:3-4)
- The Person and Work of Christ: We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, being conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful man. We believe that He accomplished our redemption through His death on the Cross. His blood being the purchase price, and that He secured that redemption forever by His literal bodily resurrection from the dead. (John 1:1,2,14,18; Luke 1:35; Romans 3:24,25;4:25). We further believe that our Lord Jesus Christ is now in heaven, exalted at the right hand of God, where as the High Priest of His people, He fulfills the ministry as Representative, Intercessor and Advocate. (Mark 16:19; Hebrews 9:24; 7:25 and 1 John 2:1,2).
- The person and work of the Holy Spirit: We believe that the Holy Spirit is a Person who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment; and that He is the supernatural agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the Body of Christ, and indwelling, and sealing them unto the day of redemption. (John 16:8-11; II Corinthians 3:6; I Corinthians 12:12-14; Romans 8:9,27; Ephesians 5:18). We believe that He is the Divine teacher Who guides believers into all truth and that it is the privilege and duty of all the saved to be filled with the Spirit. (John 16:13; I John 2:20; Ephesians 5:18)
- The Depravity of Man: We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but in the transgression of Adam the whole race of mankind fell and, thereby, inherited a sinful nature. Man became alienated from God and totally unable to retrieve his sinless condition. (Genesis 1:26,27; 3:6,7; Romans 5:12;Ephesians 2:1
- Salvation: We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by Grace. Salvation is received by repentance and personal faith in the Lord Jesus. This faith is specifically in the bodily death and resurrection of Jesus. (Ephesians 2:8,9;Romans 3:23;5:8;6:23;10:9-13
- Return of Christ, Judgment, Hell: God, in His own time and in His own way, will bring the world to its appropriate end. According to His promise, Jesus Christ will return personally and visibly in glory to the earth; the dead will be raised; and Christ will judge all men in righteousness. The unrighteous will be consigned to Hell, the place of everlasting punishment. The righteous in their resurrected and glorified bodies will receive their reward and will dwell forever in Heaven with the Lord.”
Vision, Mission, Values and Strategy
Vision: “Where” Connect the Church and Community for the Gospel
Mission: “What” Help the church make disciples
Strategy: “How” Mobilize the church through planning, training and teaching to host spectacular outreach events