Ryan Flanders with Jump Start Ministries
Jump Start Ministries exist to help the church connect with the community for the sake of the gospel. We help the church connect with the community in three primary ways; consulting, coaching, and community outreach.
Our Consulting leans into our experience gained in hands-on ministry. I have served as an assistant pastor and a senior pastor at three different ministries over the past 20 years. Jump Start ministries consulting also benefits from my certifications in church revitalization, transitioning, and leadership. I have obtained these certifications from Church Answers, Lifeway, and Lead Today respectively. We use proven tools and assessments for the leadership, the church, and the community. We will walk the leadership through assessments that will help the church understand where they are as a leadership team, congregation, and community.
Coaching at Jump Start Ministries focuses on the personal and professional development of the key leaders of the church. Personal coaching has had a very positive impact on my life both personally and professionally. Our three modules of coaching move from leading self to leading others, to leading your ministry.
Community outreach efforts build on consulting and coaching. Certainly, your church can begin with community outreach. But if you can learn some things about yourself, your church, and your community, your community outreach can be customized to those findings for greater impact.
Below is our basic doctrinal statement. I am available to speak to pastor groups, church leaders, and congregations on the topics of revitalization, personal growth, and church outreach.
Statement of Doctrine.
- The Holy Scriptures: We, therefore, believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testament, 66 books in all, to be the verbally inspired Word of God, the final authority for faith and life, without error in the original writings, infallible and God-breathed. (II Timothy 3:16,17; II Peter 1:20, 21; Matthew 5:18; John 16:12,13)
- The Godhead: We believe in one God, the Lord Jehovah, existing in three persons- the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; eternal in being, identical in nature, equal in power and glory, and having the same attributes and perfections. (Genesis 1:26; Isaiah 6:8; Matthew 3:17; 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14; John 14:6; Hebrews 1:8; Acts 5:3-4)
- The Person and Work of Christ: We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, being conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful man. We believe that He accomplished our redemption through His death on the Cross. His blood is the purchase price, and that He secured that redemption forever by His literal bodily resurrection from the dead. (John 1:1,2,14,18; Luke 1:35; Romans 3:24,25;4:25). We further believe that our Lord Jesus Christ is now in heaven, exalted at the right hand of God, whereas the High Priest of His people, He fulfills the ministry as Representative, Intercessor, and Advocate. (Mark 16:19; Hebrews 9:24; 7:25 and 1 John 2:1,2).
- The person and work of the Holy Spirit: We believe that the Holy Spirit is a Person who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment; and that He is the supernatural agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the Body of Christ, and indwelling, and sealing them unto the day of redemption. (John 16:8-11; II Corinthians 3:6; I Corinthians 12:12-14; Romans 8:9,27; Ephesians 5:18). We believe that He is the Divine Teacher Who guides believers into all truth and that it is the privilege and duty of all the saved to be filled with the Spirit. (John 16:13; I John 2:20; Ephesians 5:18)
- The Depravity of Man: We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but in the transgression of Adam the whole race of mankind fell and, thereby, inherited a sinful nature. Man became alienated from God and totally unable to retrieve his sinless condition. (Genesis 1:26,27; 3:6,7; Romans 5:12;Ephesians 2:1
- Salvation: We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by Grace. Salvation is received by repentance and personal faith in the Lord Jesus. This faith is specifically in the bodily death and resurrection of Jesus. (Ephesians 2:8,9;Romans 3:23;5:8;6:23;10:9-13
- Return of Christ, Judgment, Hell: God, in His own time and in His own way, will bring the world to its appropriate end. According to His promise, Jesus Christ will return personally and visibly in glory to the earth; the dead will be raised; Christ will judge all men in righteousness. The unrighteous will be consigned to Hell, the place of everlasting punishment. The righteous in their resurrected and glorified bodies will receive their reward and will dwell forever in Heaven with the Lord.”
Vision, Mission, Values, and Strategy
Vision: “Where” Connect the Church and Community for the Gospel
Mission: “What” Help the church make disciples
Strategy: “How” Mobilize the church through consulting, coaching and community outreach efforts.